The Conception Bay Area Chamber of Commerce (CBACC) is the principal organization representing economic and business interests in the Conception Bay Area from Paradise to Marysvale. The Chamber is the recognized business community voice on matters of significant economic and business interest. In existence for over thirty years, its primary mandate is to enhance opportunities for members to improve their ability to do business.
At the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic the CBACC was the go-to source for information for businesses. We assisted business owners in following federal, provincial, and municipal public health protocols, as well as connecting them with information regarding support programs. Through our partnerships with the Atlantic and Canadian Chamber’s of Commerce, the CBACC was active in engaging with Federal leaders on issues affecting businesses in our rural communities. The Chamber is looking forward to continuing to be a part of the conversation with the elected member of parliament on matters that impact its members and the business community at large.
The CBACC sent a series of questions by email to the candidates running in the Avalon region. You will find the responses of the candidates who chose to participate below by clicking on the button underneath their names. (Please note: The documents are posted in the order in which they were received. CBACC staff converted Microsoft Word documents to PDF files but have not corrected any formatting or grammar in the documents that were submitted.)
- Economic growth in the Atlantic provinces and especially in Newfoundland & Labrador, has been flat for quite some time. If elected, how would you propose to kickstart sustainable economic growth in Newfoundland & Labrador?
- Recovery from this pandemic will take years and businesses across Canada have taken on significant pandemic related debt, including many of the subsidy programs being considered taxable income. If elected, how would you propose to address this issue to help small businesses get back on track and address pandemic related debt?
- Ongoing pandemic related income support programs are creating labour shortages across Canada in many industries. If elected, what plan would you propose to get Canadians back to work to address labour shortage issues?
- If elected, how would you specifically ensure the voice of the Conception Bay Area business community reaches Parliament Hill and key decision makers?
- From your perspective, what specifically can the Government of Canada do to further grow & support the business community within the Conception Bay Area?
People's Party of Canada, Avalon