Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) Update
CECRA Program will be administered by The Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
New data from the Stats Canada Canadian Survey on Business Conditions, created in collaboration with @CdnChamberofCom are now available Data were collected from April 3 to 24, 2020.
Three Financial Strategies During COVID-19 For Your Business
Tuesday, May 5th
2:00 PM NST
Registration is FREE for all.
Limited to 30 attendees.
A Business Response Team has been established by the Provincial Government to support businesses as they prepare to re-open
Businesses who have questions will be able to email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 1-833-771-0696
beginning 12:00 p.m. Friday, May 1st.
The government of Newfoundland and Labrador revealed their phased reopening plan for the province 30/04/2020
The Economic Development Department encourages you to review the Government plan for reopening at their COVID-19 resource website, located here: https://www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19/
Effective May 11, 2020 assuming public health criteria are met, the province will move from Alert Level 5 (current and highest level) to Alert Level 4.
Alert Level 4 is described in detail at the following link: https://www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19/alert-system/alert-level-4/
The business-centric implications for moving to Alert Level 4 are as follows:
- Expansion of some daycare operations.
- Professional services such as accounting firms, law firms, and financial services can offer in-person services. Work from home policies are encouraged, where possible.
- In-person worker and workplace safety training will be permitted (e.g. Standard First Aid, Basic Safety Training, food safety, etc.).
- Gardening centres can open for in-person sales and service.
- Landscaping and lawn care services can operate.
- Animal daycares can resume operations.
- Retail stores that do not offer essential services, bars and lounges, cinemas, and personal service establishments remain closed.
- Restaurants remain closed for in-person dining.